The WISE trip is finally here!
Our final meeting will take place Thursday, July 26, 7PM at the 2nd Congregational Church.
In addition to participating Scouts, at least one parent must be in attendance for this meeting.
Please email me your home emergency contact phone number so the phone tree can be assembled and distributed on Thursday.
All participants must wear their Class A uniforms to the meeting and bring all of the mandatory items on the attached check list. We will have an inspection of your items similar to the Jamboree and if anything is missing you will have to go out and get it that night so we can sign you off as having all of your mandatory items.
Plan to be at the Derby Train Station no later than 6PM on Saturday, July 28 for our departure. Friends and family are encouraged to come down and see us off. We plan to provide regular updates on our adventure via this blog.
Be Prepared to have a Great Adventure.
WISE 07 Gear required list
Handed in by end of May:
* Copy of passport
* Copy of insurance card
* Copy of physical
* Parental consent form
Draft version Equipment check list (label all clothes with your initials
using a permanent marker)
* Class A uniform (wearing) shirt, red troop neckerchief, neckerchief slide,
pants or shorts, knee socks (if shorts), belt, neat sneakers.
* Paper copy of Passport
* Second scout uniform shirt
* Merit badge sash & OA sash
* Blue blazer jacket
* Dress shirt
* Gray slacks
* Dress socks
* Trip windbreaker
* Rain poncho or rain jacket (waterproof)
* Sweatshirt, sweater or hooded sweatshirt
* at least 8 pair underwear
* at least 8 pair casual socks
* at least 4 pair casual shorts
* at least 4 pair casual pants/jeans
* 2 troop t-shirts
* at least 8 casual t-shirts (scouting appropriate)
* dirty clothes bag
* bathing suit
* p.j. pants or gym shorts
* Carry on day pack - NO LIQUIDS OR KNIVES
* Suitcase - labeled with your name
* Personal hygiene kit in suitcase (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant,
shampoo, shaving supplies)
* Prescription medication
* Wallet and Spending money/ATM card/traveler's checks
* Your trip itinerary research information
* Water bottle
* Friendship gift (we will distribute on shake down night)
* Trip itinerary packet
Optional items you should also consider bringing (not required for
shakedown inspection): Camera, batteries, extra memory card, Notebook, pens,
money belt, travel pillow for bus, paperback book, hand sanitizers &
tissues, playing cards, travel games, UK outlet adapter, extra perscription
glasses, sunglasses, umbrella, family mail and email addresses for postcards
and emails, UK & Ireland travel books & maps, snack & water for trip to
Also patches, extra neckerchiefs & slides to trade at the World Jamboree and
when we meet English & Irish Scouts.